Terms & Conditions
Here comes the small print. Please read carefully:
- All the content on our website is based upon our opinions and experience and we ask that you accept that we cannot be made liable in respect of the information contained within our site. We do try to ensure that all the information on our website is correct, up-to-date and available at all times, although we cannot be held responsible for any loss or damage to you as a result of using our website and the information contained within it.
- We endeavour to associate only with other websites and companies who share our business ethics, however you must accept that any links from our website to other websites are not covered by this policy and we cannot accept responsibility for the content of third-party sites.
- You may use the information found on our website for your own use. However, images and text remains ours by copyright and you shall not use it for commercial gain. It is not for publication elsewhere without the prior written consent of the author.
- We offer an initial free consultation – yes, completely free – during which we will listen to your needs and requirements, look at your business and advise you of our view of the best way forward and our prices.
- If you require further consultation – many do, as deciding on a website or website marketing can be challenging, to say the least – this will be chargeable at a rate of £65per hour.
- Once there is a verbal agreement in principle we will provide a written project proposal unique to your business needs and requirements. This proposal will include any terms and conditions specific to your project.
- The proposal will be for the mutually agreed work. If you require any extra work over and above the agreed proposal this must be requested in writing by you (email accepted) and we will quote for this separately.
- Once you have accepted the project proposal there is a seven day cooling-off period, just in case you decide that the project isn’t right for your business after all. Should you wish to cancel, then you must do so in writing (an email will do) within those seven days.
- Should you require us to start work immediately the proposal has been accepted, then you must understand that the cancellation period will be voided once we commence work.
- Our payment terms are as follows: 40% up front when we start work, with the remainder payable when your site goes live or our work is finished. ’Live’ is defined as the point at which your site becomes available on the internet and is usable by your visitors..
- Prompt payment of all invoices is much appreciated and should be made, in accordance with standard practice as outlined by major business organisations, within fourteen days of receipt. We reserve the right to charge interest, at the rate of 8% above the current Bank of England base rate for any payments that are outstanding after the invoice due date. We retain copyright in your site until full payment, including any interest, is received. When all outstanding payments have been settled the full copyright of the site becomes yours.
- For our SEO coaching courses, due to their nature, we require payment in full prior to commencement. Your statutory rights will remain unaffected by this.
- If, during a project, you decide that you wish work to cease, one of the following will happen:
(a) If the work completed to date is less than the 40% up front portion of the project fee based on a calculation of hours worked, we will simply retain that payment in full and no extra charge will be made.
(b) If the work completed exceeds the 40% up front portion of the project fee based on a calculation of hours worked, we will charge an extra fee based on an hourly rate for the excess work.
- You will be required to supply us with any content and images for the website in a timely manner and we cannot be held responsible should there be delays in the supply of these. It is your responsibility to ensure there are no copyright issues with any materials you supply for use on your website.
- You shall be responsible for ensuring that all information on your website is correct. We cannot be held responsible for any content on your website that is incorrect, misleading, or libellous. We will advise you should we suspect that something is not right and we will amend anything upon request from you. If we suspect that your site is being used in the commission of criminal activity we will inform the relevant authorities and offer them our full cooperation.
- We cannot be held responsible for any loss of rankings or traffic in the event you should instruct a third party entity whose advice or input is likely to impact negatively or undermine any of our existing search engine optimisation work within your website.
- We reserve the right to ask for an NDA (non-disclosure agreement) to be drawn up should we feel it necessary to protect both sides.
- We reserve the right to refuse to take on work in any capacity without disclosing the reason.
- We may need to alter these terms and conditions from time to time. All we ask is that you remain familiar with them. If you do not agree to the terms above please do not use our website or services.
Phew! If you’ve got this far, congratulations and thanks for reading.